Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Love and bless you, my lady, let me light my pipe in your eyes!"

Wow! To have a compliment like that! Alas, the complement was not for me, but to the ever inspiring Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire. Not only an inspiration in fashion but in her everyday life. She tolerated her husbands affair for years, yes I know she ended up stepping out of him but COME ON! Would you tolerate your husband doing mattress mambo with your best friend?? In your house, where you could hear the dirty deed? So mad props to the duchess for getting hers!

I'm sure your all wondering why I'm writing about this? No, nothing is amiss in my personal life. I just have a strong feeling to express this statement "If you a push a woman to far your gonna get what you deserve!" Don't get me wrong sometimes us ladies can be straight up dumb, but in certain situations we shan't be pushed.

On a totally different subject...Whats up with mothers today?? I will describe my contempt for some mothering skills I have seen of late with this true story...

One evening I was in Walmart, I was walking from the home section to the toy section, I hear a newborn baby start to cry ( newborns have a certain cry that's how I know)...after about five minutes of hearing this newborn cry I start to look around.. and that's when I see her, a tall seemingly middle age woman with all her limbs in working order standing in front of her basket...her newborn baby was in her car seat, in the main part of the basket. So I stand there watching the woman just standing there talking with some friends while her child is freaking out in her car seat...(not that you could see the child the top of the carrier was covered with a blanket) she just stood there and jiggled the cart further pissing her newborn baby off, she continued talking ignoring her child's cry. After about 20 min staring at this mother in disbelief I say loudly to my husband " If I was a newborn crying I would want to be picked up!" The women looked around for a few seconds and returned to her oh so important conversation. At that point I had to walk away or I was gonna get crunk with that woman....


I almost had a panic attack because of this... I still don't think I'm over it....

So mothers I say to you... love you children, pick them up when they cry. Comfort them. You are the person in this world that they depend on...they cannot do for themselves what you can do for yourself! So please for the love of at that is good in this world give your full attention to your children they need you!!!


and so ends this rant...I feel a little better...

Kim

please comment;)










1 comment:

Audrey said...

True that! I think my BP rose steadily to dangerous levels when I was watching that movie! As for the mothers... it breaks my heart to hear a baby cry. I want to know how they can stand it. Or actually- I'm not sure I want to know.